Tuesday, 27 November 2012

New, Old, House

Yes, its finally that time.  The door trim is up, the paint is dry.  We are ready to post a picture of the house!  The outside is deceiving.  We are still busy inside trying to get hardwood downstairs by winter for house guests and to allow us 4 weeks of calm before baby #2 arrives.  When I say "we" I mean Loic is doing all of the direct work while I busy myself trying to help out in other ways that my big baby belly will allow (clean up; creating art for the new house; putting in the odd light switch that is at eye level so I don't have to bend down).  I also spend a lot of time stressing out about getting the hardwood done and in turn, stressing out my poor husband -sorry! the nesting energy is intense right now.
We have SO MANY PEOPLE TO THANK!  We would like to put a shout out on our blog to Chad Nugent who did a lot of work for us (Nugent Contracting now partnered with Cox Property Restorations, 250.808.6843).  We are going to have an open house party in January and share our hard work and give many a thank you.
As you know from our last post, we are very, very pleased.  We always knew this home was ours, but now that we've put all of our sweat and visions into it -well! Check out these 'before' and 'after' pictures:







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY! It looks amazing!!! Can't wait to BE the 'houseguests' sometime soon and meet the soon-to-be new addition! I love you guys! So pumped that your dreams came true! xoxo