Friday, 19 October 2012

Making it back to the blog

Hello readers, its been such a long time since we posted anything.  I feel like life must be changing, because here I am, writing a blog post.

Life has been totally nutso!  To sum briefly: we had our first child; lifted our house and started a massive reno; I went back to work full time; and I currently find myself 25 weeks pregnant.


Amongst all of that, Loic has managed to do a few very crazy intense races of which I am very proud of him for doing.

As for myself, I kept up my biking for as long as I could, and then running, and now swimming and 'hiking'.  Loic, Taio and I had very FULL lives this past year.


Of course there are times of difficulty, but we really do somehow manage to maintain some sort of balance and don't have regrets and really feel that life is quite amazing.  We definitely couldn't continue in this 'semi-balanced' state forever, but we really are doing quite well and appreciate what we have so much.  I've put together a little stream of photos to give you a glimpse.  We will post more eventually.


The fridge in our house always gives a glimpse of what is going on.  Check out our little artist's work.  In addition, on the right you can see our first few snapshots of baby number 2.


I didn't post photos of the exterior of our house as we wanted to wait to do a full tour of the reno on the blog until everything is done (we have front door trim and a fence to get up!).  We had SO MUCH HELP from friends and family to make this project happen and can't wait to host our 'appreciation party'.  On my year off with Taio, I learned that space and a home can have a huge effect on your daily life.  Loic and I set out to make a space that is truley ours.  Loic and I feel that it is eerie how everything came together and feel so lucky to be almost finished what we know will be the house we dreamed of (sounds cheesy, but it is true!).  Here are a few snapshots of some of my favourite things about our house.

The detail that makes it ours. 

The 'outside rooms' of the house (front deck and back).  Sitting on the front deck to tie my boots or drink a cup of tea is the best.  I've always wanted a front deck.  I even love sweeping it.  The back deck is shaded and the perfect place for Taio to play any time he wants to (it is all enclosed).



Looking forward to taking the time to write and post a little more frequently... maybe... 


3 comments:

Monte armstrong said...

Oh my god Tess!! And loic!! I love you guys!! It's been so long . I also have two beautiful little ones, and now live in Bon accord ab. Life's so busy for us as well. My wife Kendra teaches dance and runs her own company called academy of grove. She's awesome!! My little girls are 5 and 3 and have a little monte in them for sure! Ha. It's so good to hear from you guys. Glad to hear that you guys are still doing so well and living the life you deserve! Miss ya........monte

Mrs. Letailleur said...

Miss YOU too Monte! We've heard little bits over the years. I'm so glad you are a dad to 2 GIRLS. That is so fun. I wish our kids could play in the woods together.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL Tess! As always! Can't wait to see the full unveil of the house. You look amazing. Thanks for the post :) xoxo

And Monte - when the heck are we getting together!?