This spring was full on triathlon training with both Tess and I following programs for our upcoming races. Tess trained super hard and it all paid off when she raced a lightening fast 2 hr 38 min Olympic distance in Oliver!!! "It felt great" Tess said, adding that she doesn't think she would want to go any harder though I know she could!! Contemplating another race this season is a definite maybe for Tess, but we'll see what happens later in the year. Maybe a fun one in the fall.I on the other hand have had a couple of poor performances. I had a poor run finish in my sprint warmup in Oliver and then struggled through my half iron two weeks later. It was fun to have both Peter and Yannick in the race, both of whom did exceptionally well for their lack of training. I on the other hand, blew up after the swim, never really recovered and then had major cramping on the run. Oh well, can't win them all. I think I'm going to have to do Osoyoos in July to revenge that performance but I'll see how I'm feeling. I've been battling this nasal congestion for over two weeks now...
To see more pictures of both races check here and here (Thanks Mark).
2 comments:
It was fun to watch you all battle it out at the 1/2 Iron! As spectators we couldn't stop speculating who would end up at the finish line first...but more importantly, I was think I got whiplash as a result of all the wicked awesome bikes and wheelsets at the race.
Congrats to you both for sticking to the training plan and being so dedicated. Obviously you have greater determination and focus than most.
Soooooo, you racing next year?!!
Post a Comment