Friday, 17 April 2009

Las Vegas


Believe it. Tess is writing this blog post. Believe it. Loic and I went to Vegas! And yes, I even wore heels out to a club. I had to... it's Vegas... As this isn't a typical Tess and Loic adventure, I had to make it even more a-typical and actually write a post on our blog.

We flew in and out on 'red eye flights'. Our first hotel: The Stratosphere. The bed was amazingly comfortable, but the smell of smoke in our "non smoking" room was not great. The next morning, Loic and I really embraced the opportunity to spoil ourselves rotten and went shopping. When we walked out of the hotel room that night, Loic was looking his best in his new high tops and I in some incredibly cute, but uncomfortable, dress shoes (they were no hiking boots, let me tell you -they smelled way better).
We went to Fremont (AKA Downtown, AKA Original Vegas) and had a great time sipping beer in a microbrewery and then soaking in free live music and dizzying displays on enormous ceiling screens. We then went up to the top of The Stratosphere to see Vegas from above.

The next day, we headed off in a rental convertible to Red Rocks for mountain biking. After I was covered in dust and a little blood, we checked into the WONDERFUL MGM Grand. Eventually, we tore ourselves away from our bathroom mirror tv and lime infused American beer to go to Studio 54. Loic and I danced and danced and eventually didn't mind the $13 highballs.

The next day, we made sure to get burned during our tour of the five or so pools at the MGM. We hit The Strip and saw amazing hotel lobby after amazing hotel lobby... and finally gambled one dollar. And lost it.

Next, it was the French Cabaret at the Crazy Horse, Paris (MGM Grand). I highly recommend it. We finished the night off with a walk down The Strip and then a nap on the airport floor before hopping back on a plane to Kelowna. 5am bedtime.

The verdict: Las Vegas = good times, bad food, no need for sleep due to O2 being pumped through all of the casinos. The second you go home and are away from the sweet, sweet, O2 dense air... you are in trouble. I am still dealing with symptoms of withdrawal.

PS) The transit system in Vegas is amazing -very organized, easy to use, transports thousands of people effortlessly, all night long.

1 comment:

weedavies said...

we miss you. thinking about you lots lately. happy belated b-day loic and a pre b-day holla to tess. hugs and kisses.
davies....