Friday, 8 August 2008

Surfin' in the USA!

Learning to surf..... hmmmm ..... lots of carnage!!! A group of 6 busted down to Westport WA for some time on the beach. Tess, Mark and I brought kayaks and Ian brough his board. Jim and I rented boards for two days and it was a blast! I'm hooked (not surprised!). Weather was fantastic, surf was quite good and we finished it off with some time in Seattle. Great city, we'll definitely have to go back. REI is sweet, and lots of sweet shops. Tess bought a longboard!!

For a full trip report check out Conscious Nomads.

Also check out the pics. So when are we going back guys?!!

P.S. Despite the lack of pictures of me surfing.... I did get up!!

2 comments:

Mark, Dee and Simon said...

How about every long weekend this year? Christmas included...I'd expect that the surf is better in the winter anyways...bigger waves to thrash us more :)

weedavies said...

ahhh...
finally a sport i have done and too loved,
miss you guys.