I raced in my first half ironman on June 1st. It was great event which pushed me to my limit. My training paid off, and though feeling sluggish through my taper week I felt primo on race day. It poured rain (literally buckets) for the swim and the first half of the bike. Luckily it wasn't too cold but it made for a little bit of hesitation cornering on the bike. The swim went incredibly well, even with the chaotic first 500 m that included alot of collisions!!
Overall I beat my race goal and posted a sub 5 hr time which I am psyched about (4:57). I'm definitely hooked and am enjoying the benefits of the fitness. I was tempted to do the Osoyoos half but decided to have more time to diversify my activites and have certainly been enjoying that.
I'm racing Oliver again next for all you who know you should join! My goal is to increase my run pace which is where I lost the most time. Check Conscious Nomads for another race update and some pictures... Thanks to M,D and T for hanging out in the rain!!
No comments:
Post a Comment