
What a weekend!! As per usual it wasn't until 9 pm Friday night that Tess and I had finalised our plans for the weekend. A quick call to our good friends from Canmore scored us some hotel room floor space in Roger's pass for saturday night and some great ski companions. Tess decided to take Saturday off and rest up, so I joined Stephen, Aoife, and Gemma up McGill to ski some fantastic trees and knee deep pow. The sun teased us all day, and occasional wind made the skin up a tree-bomb avoiding mission!! Sunday, after fighting our way through the masses at the info centre we got permits to head up Ross Peak. Ron and Rachel joined up from Golden and we amassed three more who were laying in the original skin track. The skin was a mission, with a bit of everything. Two bootpacks and some steep switchbacks later we finally entered the alpine some 800 or so metres higher. A blue bird day with no wind and mild temps made for amazing views. We de-skinned and proceeded to make the 1000 m run back down to the highway below. Fantastic run with tonnes of little features and pillow hucks that had Ron and I grinning top to bottom! Great day with a great crew.
1 comment:
Ross Peak eh? I officially request your guiding services for a return trip in the future! :)
Post a Comment