
Feb 3/4 I spent in Rogers Pass with a group of Irish. Tess was too busy with school so I drove to Canmore and met up with Steve and Aoife to catch a ride to Golden. Saturday saw an adventure up Teddy Bear ridge for an attempt at a couloir which was abandoned due to wind affected snow. This day was just Steve 2 (or Steve 1 depending who you talk to!) and I, and after our decision to turn back we went up Grizzly shoulder and found some amazing untracked surface hoar for some very nice fresh tracks. A nice nap, then good mexican food for dinner, prepared me well for the next days venture up Loop Brook. This area is new to me, and it definitely is a place I will return to. Very wind protected and beautiful terrain. The day included Steve, Aoife, Fiona, Darra and I and was a blast. Unfortunately it was followed by the seven hour journey home. I need to move closer to the mountains.
No comments:
Post a Comment