Saturday, 2 May 2015

Chicks go outside for the first time



I know I've said it before but I will say it again: "what a great experience!  We let the chicks out of the box with us today as they have a lot of their feathers in now.  Oh did they love it.  Of course they were stressed out a bit at first and then when they got comfortable I even saw Rex close his eyes for a sunshine doze for a moment.  What I don't get is, why when they are most vulnerable do they go straight to Mica for comfort?  There Mica is, clumsy as ever, gentle but awkward, falling on their little feet and the chicks are all clustering by him and perching on his legs.  Hilarious.

We didn't have to worry about them taking off -we are their safety net.  Pretty neat.

Yesterday, Taio held his hands up outside of their box home and Daisy flew up to him and landed in his outstretched hands.  Let's hope she doesn't continue that trick when she gets full size.

Love these smelly, awkward looking birds.  By the way, the boys had faces painted today as you can see.


No comments: