Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Adventures at home 06/26


All of my 'mama blog' type posts will have the title "Adventures at home" from now on.

One of my mama friends told me about 'waldorfing' her home.  She decided to take a break from plastic and replace things with wood/metal, etc. and was able to find most things through thrift stores.

I decided to follow suit in our outside play area as I needed a break from all the colourful plastic items around our yard.  I put the plastic toys in our garage to switch out later and headed to Value Village (one of Taio's favourite places to visit).  The shopping trip was a huge success.  I got a wood bread cubpoard to use as an "oven" and a old kids table for $5.99 to use as the "stove top" or whatever else Taio imagines it to be.  Perhaps a future blog post will feature the table again... I'm thinking I will paint it.  We also got lots of fun wooden and metal dishes, pots, spoons.  I was particularly thrilled with the metal fish mold which I think will be great fun in the sandbox.  I also purchased a basket to put all the toys in.  I used to use an old tupperware.  Why not make things more beautiful and recycle while your at it?





Taio's 'water table' (made out of a cedar planter and dish bins).




There still needs to be a little room for some plastic!



No comments: