Monday, 10 June 2013

Adventures at home

I'm going to do an 'adventures at home' post.  Be warned if you were hoping to read about something with higher heart rates and sweat.

This past week Mica started getting a bit more of a routine with naps which leaves me feeling a little guilty to continue my pattern of giving him ad hoc cat naps on me in the carrier all morning while Taio and I and I are out and about.  He's also getting pretty heavy.  So, I prepped myself for a few more mornings at home to allow Mica to settle his body into a routine.  I like to keep things busy when we are home and I had a lot of fun with projects this week.  Some highlights:


Rainbow Rice - inspired by our friend Cathie in Victoria.  Soak rice in food colouring water.  Lay out on a tray in the sun.  I can't wait to play with our rainbow rice this week.  Here is a photo of Taio playing with plain rice before we had a chance to 'rainbow' it.  Diggers and lots of different sized 'shovels' (spoons) made for some fun times.
















Playdough - Best ever. http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/2012/05/play-dough.html


Mailman - I posted our old mailbox in Taio and Mica's play area outside.  We had fun making art for each other.  










With all of the projects, I encouraged Taio to get right in there to help me.  Things got messy, but he had so much fun and practiced so many skills.  A side note- Taio received the table and chairs you see in some of the pictures for his birthday.  I highly recommend it.  We use it for everything and it moves all around our house and yard.  It's a nice change from always being on the floor.




No comments: