Thursday, 21 April 2011

First Camping Trip of 2011 - hardcore mama and preggers!


We had an amazing time with our great friends Walter and Michelle down in Penticton this weekend. After taking our time deciding which perfect camp spot we would land, we set up and enjoyed relaxing. We managed to get out that afternoon for some climbing and then came back to camp for an excellent Westy party Saturday night. Yes, as guessed, sleeping in a tent as a pregnant woman isn't super fun, but the weekend was 110% worth it. Getting out of the tent in the middle of the night wasn't quite as hard as I expected. For some reason I didn't make it look as pretty in the morning (crawling through the dirt to get out). We were toasty warm and it was so wonderful to listen to the waves while falling asleep.

Sunday we enjoyed our first campfire of the season (and the boys enjoyed lots of meat on a stick). More climbing and then we headed home. We had incredible luck with weather.

Our new buddy Bjorn was definitely the star of the weekend. Please let our baby be as into camping as Bjorn is! I think that he loved the fresh air. We all enjoyed passing him around all weekend.

It was really inspiring seeing everyone climb. I am on my arm workout routine with a renewed vigor.

See pictures here.

No comments: