So, crazy evening! I heard some noises under the deck and then jumped off only to find a dead mother raccoon under the edge of our deck!! We disposed of the the carcass and tried to look under the deck for babies as the mother looked like it may still have been breast feeding. A bit later we pulled off this cover near the corner of our deck to uncover two juvenile raccoons huddled in the corner!! We gave them some eggs which one devoured instantly. The other had a bit of a freak out and ran to the front yard and up the cherry tree!! After lots of whining it came down and eventually after two attempts has made it back under the deck and is hopefully eating something. I'm not sure how long they've been hiding in there without food as the mother must have been dead at least a couple of days. They are certainly adorable so check out the pictures. I can't believe how they can climb down trees!
The tales of the light impact, get your butt off the couch, adventures of Tess, Loïc, Taio, Mica... and Friends!
Sunday, 4 July 2010
Raccoons!!! Under the deck...
So, crazy evening! I heard some noises under the deck and then jumped off only to find a dead mother raccoon under the edge of our deck!! We disposed of the the carcass and tried to look under the deck for babies as the mother looked like it may still have been breast feeding. A bit later we pulled off this cover near the corner of our deck to uncover two juvenile raccoons huddled in the corner!! We gave them some eggs which one devoured instantly. The other had a bit of a freak out and ran to the front yard and up the cherry tree!! After lots of whining it came down and eventually after two attempts has made it back under the deck and is hopefully eating something. I'm not sure how long they've been hiding in there without food as the mother must have been dead at least a couple of days. They are certainly adorable so check out the pictures. I can't believe how they can climb down trees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment