So with the new bike sitting in the garage it was hard to focus at work. I just wanted to be on the bike! Friday afternoon was the maiden voyage. Yannick and I set off and we had to race to UBC to drop something off for a scholarship but alas apparently he needed other info. From the Uni we went due West up Union road and into the trail system in Upper Glenmore. We were amazed at the number of ridgelines back there! We climbed ridge after ridge on double track and then after several amazing view points we met up with the mtn bike trail just before the McKinley single track. The bike was performing uber well. On t
he pavement it was really fast and it felt like it had amazing acceleration on the climbs especially when I got out of the saddle!!Some bad news... There is a new fence line that has destroyed the first 200 + m of the flowy single track down to McKinley! Luckily at the fence crossing at the old interection where you could head left down the steep loose they have put a passway to get through. After riding some gnarly double track from their machines you rejoin the trail and rest is good minus the overgrown grasses!
Sunday, Yannick, Peter and I rode out to Smith Creek to further test out the bike and get some long miles behind us. Again the bike rides very well for the long stuff. Super smooth on the climbs and the decent, especially with the banked corners of Smith Creek! Since we're all riding eggbeaters we did some switching and the bike received good reviews from all. Back at home I've done some added tweeking with brake levers and saddle height but the only outstanding issues are perhaps a longer stem and maybe a different saddle as the 3.5 hr ride in the saddle was a little sore.
All in all psyched with the new ride, now I only need to find somewhere to race it!!
1 comment:
You didn't mention your first crash on the new bike!
Post a Comment