Monday, 26 April 2010

2010.04 The Pacific NW

This is Tess writing for a change. I thought I would submit a little snipit to Loic on our most recent ROAD TRIP to post on our blog. I had an incredible time and I know that my travelling partner did as well. I was with Loic for a week and a half down to Sanfrancisco and then up the coast to finish in Vancouver. Loic dropped me off and I went to an FASD conference. I then hopped on a ferry and met my family in Victoria for a few days of fun. I then flew to Kamloops where I completed 2 days of training for work. Whew! I am exhausted and will keep my thoughts on our travels brief:

A few favourite moments:
-Amazing road biking! We also did a 3 hour trail run (22km) up and down a mountain. I didn't walk for 4 days.
-Meeting "Stephen A Fery". We asked Stephen (the manager of our favourite bakery) to share a shanti with us on the bakery patio. He then skipped out on work and took us to a gay metal bar on "The Castro" (I think Stephen thought Loic was cute :). As he said: "Yes, "Fery" is my last name, no joke!").
-Eating tasty picnic car lunches every day. Organic baguette, cheese and hummous. It never got old!
-It was over 1800km to our most southern destination... we never got sick of driving and don't really remember spending much time in the car... how did we get down there? It might have had something to do with my excellent, entertaining travel partner and our episodes of "The Vinyl Cafe". Loic and I also spent time looking for phallic street names. We are quite proud of our list. Check it out:
Nooksack Rd
Cuckanut Pt Rd
Wunderstump Dr
Grassy Knob Rd
E. Nob Hill
Hancock Lane

Check out the pictures in the photos area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you two - loved the pics! It is wonderful to see you two enjoying yourselves (and each other) so thoroughly! Hope to see you while I am in Skaha in a few weeks! Hugs, Maren xoxo

weedavies said...

oh this was good! we had a good refreshing laugh over the street names!.
love to you two.