I think from now on this ride will be refered to as Tess' Terrible Seven!! I think after her first go at it she vowed never to do it again! It had after all resulted in a trip to the hospital with a vibration compression injury to her wrist which left her right hand incapacitated for a week or so. That bike (with it's unsatisfactory fork and rigid rear triangle) was promply sold and the birth of Tess' full suspension life was shortly after. Last year we had a fairly good go at it with only tired bodies at the end of the day. The group wasn't very fast so it allowed us to survive quite easily. Now this year after vowing not to do it again (yes she had said that twice now for those keeping count) we headed down to Rossland to meet up with Matt and Hayley as well as Steven and Tessa (the major bait in this case!). Anyhow, we had an amazing day with beautiful blue sky and perfect temperatures. This ride is one I could do every year! It's a point to point epic primary in the alpine.... What could top that?
Well, since you are probably speculating this already I will confirm your predictions. Yes Tess now has a brand new bike (old one was just not cushy enough!), and she has again stated she does not need to do that trail again. Since Yannick, Danielle, Peter and Halyna have not done the trail yet I foresee another Rossland epic, including Tess!
Enjoy the
pictures! This one is of Steven repairing one of a dozen or so flats in the group. We had used all of our tubes are were stuck with patching! Some of the pictures are of riding on Sunday as well (all the stunts).
No comments:
Post a Comment