Thursday, 30 August 2007

Whistler Aug 25/26


It's been a busy summer and not enough postings on Tread Lightly, but I'm trying to jump back onto the galloping horse. We've had many visitors, several weekends away to the Clearwater, the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues all of which have been a blast with awesome friends. Last weekend Tess and I made the windy journey to Whistler. It was a beautiful drive, slightly slow due to the nature of the roads, causing a bit of havoc on T's stomach! We popped into town to check it out and were amazed at the number of tourists and the Disneyland feel to the whole place.

The paddling was fantastic with plenty of rivers to run of all levels. I paddled the upper Chek with a bunch of others (group of 9 I think!!) and then T joined us for the Calchek run. After many more hours of rain, a movie date in Whistler (Superbad is super funny!), T and I hit up the upper Green which was a little bony but still quite fun. I have posted some pics so check them out.

No comments: