Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Busy 2011 so far!


2011 has been nuts!! I haven't been able to post anything for a while however we have both done some cool stuff! At Christmas we went to Mexico for a week and hung out in the Sun with T's family and managed to squeek in some diving too. We then spent New Year's in Canmore with my family where it was -25 and too cold to do much at all outside!! lots of good food helped though! we did an awesome snowshoe up at chester lake and one frozen ski at the nordic centre.

Mid January I did a week hut ski trip at Sorcerer lodge which was awesome!! The avy cons were a little sketchy but we had tonnes of fresh snow so we skied tonnes of deep tree runs! The pillow lines there are so fun and with the bottomless pow you could huck whatever your fear would allow. We did get up high a couple times to brave the wind and crusty snow but it was nice to see the potential of the area. Will have to go back sometime perhaps more towards spring.

All in all, both of us have been really busy with work as well doing a lot of traveling. Tess has been in Vancouver, Victoria and the Kootenays for various things and I've been back and forth to Alberta several times with a trip up to Whitehorse as well.

The last two weekends I did some xc ski races which have been both fun and painful. Wish there were more to do but it's pretty much done for this year. Maybe the Sovereign lake loppet in March. In Kelowna it is starting to feel like spring and on Sunday there were tonnes of people out on their bikes cruising around! Does start to get me excited about summer again! All that being said I do hope to get out for a couple more ski tours before the season is over. Good ski season is in full swing right now!

I am currently working from home recovering from my reconstructive nose surgery that I had on Monday! Hopefully this time it's all fixed for good because it sure is a nuisance not to mention the pain etc.
Now I can't post without mentioning something about the pregnant one! We are definitely getting more excited by the week and I think it's going to be hard to be patient and wait until May! Tess is doing great. Getting lots of fresh air. Doing walks, snowshoes and some slow xc skis. Definitely getting huge!

Until next time!

No comments: