Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Recap.....

So it has been a while since I have updated the blog. It has been a busy summer/fall and looks like it is going to continue right towards the holidays! No complaints. I am just going to do a quick recap of some of highlights of our last couple of months.

Murtle Lake

Awesome time with family! Had amazing weather and even ate some good fish! The hike up Central Mountain punished my legs for 5 days! Ahh, good times!

Vancouver Island

We went north after some family time and did some mtn biking in Cumberland which is wicked! Great trails and perfect xc style too! I caught Pink Salmon on my fly rod which was sweet! brought 3 home! What a show with all those fisherman but still a good time! Some climbing with Tessa and a quick visit in Strathcona Park. Great weather minus some brutal smoke from the interior.

Apple TriathlonI decided not to race but had a good time cheering! My dad did his first ever tri and did the try-a-tri. Considering he was second last out of the water he finish 8th I think... Not bad for his mid fifties! Keep swimming papa!

Westport WA
We did our annual trip to Westport again for some surfing however this year moved it to the Labour day weekend. It was a great trip with decent surf and an awesome crew of eleven!! Weather was as good as gets for there and the trip would have gotten an A+ grade if it wasn't for me breaking my nose the last day surfing!! Brutal! After a good ride got smoked by the board in the face and it sent me to the hospital. Spent the next day walking around Seattle with everyone looking like I had just been mugged! Oh well. 6 weeks later, one surgery, and my nose is still tender and more work needs to get done later... at least it wasn't my teeth!

MOMAR Cumberland

Late September I did a wicked little adventure race on the Island. Matt and Hayley have done a few and have been bugging us to try one. They are super fun and more of an adventure race sprint than a real epic but fun none the less and still painful! It started with a 9km sea kayak on Comox lake which hurt since I haven't paddled at all this summer. Then we did some mtn biking and epic trail running chasing around check points with a final orienteer session at the end to frustrate the crap out of me! Being that I hadn't exercised in a month due to all the nose complications was hard, not to mention the mud in the eyes because I wasn't supposed to wear glasses! All in all no complaints and of course with some knowledge about how it works I will be much better off next year! can't wait.

Other than that we have squeaked in some great rides and lately even some climbing. Last weekend was the first xc run that Yannick and I raced in Summerland and we both came home with jam! Good score! Can't wait for the snow!

No comments: