
Thanksgiving weekend I ventured twice into Okanagan Mountain Park. I've been meaning to explore this large park on the edge of Kelowna for quite some time but it just never really happened. I went first with Mark for a quick mountain bike ride on the Wildhorse Canyon Trail. The fall gold colours were amazing and although we didn't go all the way to Commando back and back I will definitely have to do it sometime.
With the unexpected visitors, my parents, we decided to head up into the park again the following day for a hike. It was very enjoyable with many birds and chipmunks rustling around gathering their winter storage. It's great to escape the city without going too far. It reminds me of fall ventures into Elk Island National Park or Chickakoo when were living in AB.
See the rest of the
pictures here.
No comments:
Post a Comment