My aunt and cousin were here from The Netherlands, and that forced us.. or gave us the opportunity to take it easy over the holidays with five days of resort skiing. Actually, now that I really think about it, I find skiing resort much more work and substantially more painful than the backcountry. The legs just kill after skiing thousands of vertical through choppy snow. We did manage to introduce my cousin into some mellow backcountry with a quick trip to the south end of Bow Summit for some short runs and a kicker session.It was a fun day and we were all alone, so no complaints. I must say though, that I hope never to have to climb in snowshoes!! They are terrible, not to mention you're huffing the heavy board on your back. None the less, he had a great time making fresh tracks.
The tales of the light impact, get your butt off the couch, adventures of Tess, Loïc, Taio, Mica... and Friends!
Thursday, 11 January 2007
Relatives from Europe cause for Slackcountry Christmas... well almost
My aunt and cousin were here from The Netherlands, and that forced us.. or gave us the opportunity to take it easy over the holidays with five days of resort skiing. Actually, now that I really think about it, I find skiing resort much more work and substantially more painful than the backcountry. The legs just kill after skiing thousands of vertical through choppy snow. We did manage to introduce my cousin into some mellow backcountry with a quick trip to the south end of Bow Summit for some short runs and a kicker session.It was a fun day and we were all alone, so no complaints. I must say though, that I hope never to have to climb in snowshoes!! They are terrible, not to mention you're huffing the heavy board on your back. None the less, he had a great time making fresh tracks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment